SPECIAL NEEDS STRATEGY
Ontario’s Special Needs Strategy
Our vision is for an Ontario where children and youth with special needs get the timely and effective services they need to participate fully at home, at school, in the community, and as they prepare to achieve their goals for adulthood. To achieve this vision, we need a Special Needs Strategy that...
- identifies children’s needs earlier and gets them the right help sooner;
- coordinates service planning for children with multiple or complex special needs; and
- makes rehabilitation services more seamless from birth through the school years.
Our goal is for Ontario’s children and youth with special needs and their families to have...
- a single point of intake with clearly articulated service plans;
- seamless integration of a range of services; and
- smooth transitions in and out of a range of supports and services.
Improving this system requires innovative approaches to addressing challenges and barriers, as well as open collaboration across sectors and at both the provincial and local levels. We also need input from you!
For more general information, please visit: Ontario’s Special Needs Strategy.